Sunday, May 6, 2012

Book

                      Ch.1
There comes a time in everyones life when they just stop everything they are doing and take a look at all of the good things in their life and feel a strong sense of appreciation for everything. For some people that moment comes in the midst of a tragedy,for some it comes in a moment of joyful news,and for other like myself it comes from a mixture of the both. To be honest I had never really complained about anything in my life because in my eyes I had everything I could have ever wanted or needed at the age of 18. I wasn't a popular girl but I had a few close friends and an amazing boyfriend. I was a senior in high school,a cheerleader, and I had just been accepted into the college of my dreams where I would pursue my medical degree. I wasn't the average cheerleader either, I stood 5'7" and weighed 208 pounds. I was a plus sized girl but I was well proportioned. My hips were wide and curvy in all of the right places. And all of my girlfriends were envious that I was in a DD cup size and most them barely made it into a C cup. My hair was a reddish brown in color however I thought it more of a dark shade of auburn and fell half way down my back. It was straight at the top but started getting wavy right around my shoulders and then curled playfully at the very bottom. My eyes were a gray-green hazel in color but varied in color depending on my mood and the color of my clothes for that day. And though I was classified as a plus size girl I never once let it bother me or hinder me from being the girl that I wanted to be. I was beautiful and I had a big heart and an amazing personality to make me even more beautiful. After school I would volunteer at an animal halfway house. It was a house built specifically for abandoned,abused,and homeless animals to keep them from being put in shelters and facing being put to sleep just because there wasn't enough room to house them. My parents occasionally allowed me to foster animals until they were adopted and had even allowed me to adopt a cat of my own that I had fallen in love with. When I wasn't busy with school,practice,and the halfway house I would spend quality time with my family,friends,and my boyfriend. So yes,in my eyes,my life couldn't be any better and I never once thought that it could change in the blink of an eye. But little did I know however that my life would soon be turned upside down.




                      Ch.2
The loud buzzing of an alarm clock filled the silent dark bedroom.My eyes fluttered open as a light groan parted from my lips. I let my eyes glance over to the clock and the covered my head with my pillow letting one more groan erupt into the darkness. My hand fumbled clumsily for the large button on the top of the clock to silence it. After a few tries I finally found the right button and the room was instantly silent again. I took a deep breath and held it in for a few seconds before exhaling and tossing my pillow to the side. It was 6:30 am and though school wasn't for another 2 hours I preferred being able to wake up,get ready,eat,and then have a few minutes with my friends and my boyfriend before class. I laid there for another minute or so before finally kicking the blankets off and then sitting up and slinging my legs over the side of the bed and reaching over turning on my bedside lamp. I gave my eyes a few seconds to adjust before getting up and walking over turning on the overhead light. I then walked across the room and into my bathroom. I turned on the light and walked over to the mirror with a smile. "Good morning beautiful,today is going to be a good day." It would seem I was talking to my reflection knowing it wouldn't talk back to me but I found it helped me have a good day and be positive throughout the day if I started it off with a positive statement to myself. I reached over to turn on the hot water and washed my face and brushed my teeth. After turning off the water and drying off my face and the sink I grabbed my daily makeup and my hairbrush and quickly brushed my hair out letting it fall naturally into place and put on some black eyeliner,mascara,some gray eye shadow and a light shade of lip gloss. I took a glance in the mirror and smiled once more. I then walked back into my bedroom turning off the light in the bathroom and walked over to my dresser grabbing my undergarments for the day and getting my favorite pair of jeans out as well. I tossed them onto my bed and walked over to my closet trying to find the perfect top to wear. After a few seconds my eyes focused in on a purple tube top with a diamond heart hanging from the middle the chest and grinned as I pulled it from the hanger and walked back over to the bed. I laid the jeans out and put the shirt above it to get an idea of how they would look together and was pleased with the outcome. I quickly slipped out of her pajamas tossing them over into the laundry hamper and then pulled on the outfit I had chosen for the day. Once dressed I walked over to my old antique mirror that had been passed down to my from my great grandmother when she passed away. I stopped in front of it to see how the outfit looked on me and smiled happily seeing that it flattered my figure and that the colors were just right for my complexion. The jeans were a whitish shade of blue,more of a stonewashed color to be technical and they hugged my hips perfectly but not in a way that made them tight or uncomfortable to wear. After seeing the way the outfit looked and being content with it I walked over grabbing my cheerleading bag and my backpack and made sure I had everything I needed for the day. Once everything was packed I looked over at my alarm clock seeing it was only 7:10 am and I still had plenty of time before I had to leave for school. I sat down at my desk and booted up my laptop to check my e-mail when I typed in the password and brought up the internet browser I instantly went to my e-mail account and read and responded to the few messages I had from friends and then just to boost myself up more for the day I went and looked at the letter I had received from Vanderbilt about my acceptance into their medical program.I smiled happily at the thought of going to medical school and one day opening my own practice,my thoughts however was instantly shattered as a soft knock came from my door. I signed out of my e-mail and shut down the laptop looking over at the door. "Come in." I stood up unplugging the laptop and packed it up for the day then turned around to see my younger sister still in her pajamas and her hair a mess telling me she had just gotten up out of the bed. I raised a brow looking at her. "What do you need Alexis?" I grabbed my backpack and laptop bag and gently put them on my bed as I waited for her answer. "I umm...I was wondering if I could borrow one of your  cute jackets for today?" I turned to her with a questioning look on my face. "Might I ask why you need a jacket? It isn't the least bit cool outside,it's spring which means even if it is slightly cool outside right now that by noon it will be warm and you will be peeling that jacket off quicker than you put it on." I walked over to my dresser once more rummaging through my jewelry box trying to find the right accessories for my outfit. I grinned as I pulled out my favorite charm bracelet,a sapphire bracelet that had a cat charm hanging in between each jewel. I had gotten it for my birthday the month earlier from my mother. I then grabbed the diamond heart necklace that my boyfriend Isaac had given my for my birthday and then a cute pair of earrings. I put on the earrings and then walked over to my sister and smiled at her. "Can you help me with these please?" I extended my hand dropping the necklace and bracelet into hers and then kept my hand out for her to clasp the bracelet around my wrist. "So,you never answered me. Why do you need a jacket?" Once she had clasped the bracelet I turned around moving my hair out of the way so she could clasp the necklace around my neck. "Well I was needing one because it's raining and it's supposed to be raining all day and some of tomorrow too. I would wear  mine but I can't find it and plus you have some really cute ones that would go well with some of my outfits."  I turned to face Alexis once more letting my hair fall back into place. Then looked over my shoulder and out my window finally noticing that it was raining outside and sighed shaking my head,the rain meant that I wouldn't be meeting everyone in our normal spot and that I would have to get in touch with Isaac before I left home to find out where and if we would all be meeting up before school. I then looked back at my sister and crossed my arms over my chest. "Okay,I will let you borrow one of my jackets but you have to promise me you will take care of it. And you have to promise to give it back to me after we get home." I could see her eyes light up instantly at me telling her she could wear one of my jackets and she grinned brightly at me. "Cheyenne,I swear to you that I will take extremely good care of it and when I get home I will fold it up and put it on your bed." Alexis was always good about keeping her word so I shrugged and nodded my head towards my closet. "Fine,take your pick then. But instead of putting it on my bed when you get home how about you hang it back up where you got it." I smirked to her and she laughed running over to the closet and instantly found the jacket she wanted and walked back over to me. "Okay I will hang it up where I found it. Thanks a lot Cheyenne." I smiled at her. "You're welcome. Now,if you plan on me giving you a ride to school then you need to hurry up and get ready. I'm going to grab a bite to eat and try to get Isaac to answer his phone to find out where we are meeting since it's raining outside." I could see Alexis roll her eyes at my motherly tone when I told her to hurry up but I also saw her laugh softly as she always did every time I mentioned Isaac,she thought it fun to tease me about him saying we would end up married and that we would make pretty children. I always laughed it off and said it would never happen but of course as with any girl there was a part of me deep down that always wondered what it would be like if it did happen. I shook my head laughing softly to myself as I walked over putting on my shoes and sprayed on my favorite perfume. I walked over grabbing my bags and then walked to the bedroom door looking back in my room making sure I didn't forget anything and then turned off the light and closed my door as I made my way downstairs to finish my morning routine before facing the day.

                        Ch.3

No comments:

Post a Comment