Tuesday, April 10, 2012

End Of The World Debate

So it's finally the dreaded year 2012 and I've heard many individuals talking about their "final" plans on December 21st. Why is it that people freak out so badly when someone predicts a "Dooms Day"? I've only lived in this world for a little over 23 years and I've lived through at least 2 or 3 different days that were said to be "The end of the world" and I'm sorry to say but I honestly think that December 21st of 2012 will be no different. One reason I say this is because the Mayans whom are the ones to have predicted this Dooms Day did not account for Leap Year. Leap year was started long after their people had come and gone. And if Leap Year had never started we technically would be in August 2013 right now so technically we have survived 8 months after the said Dooms Day. Another thing that I must point out is all of these "Christian" people who are freaking out so badly over December 2012. If you are a christian then you would remember that in the Bible it says no man will know the hour or the day so I must ask this...Why in the hell would you freak out if you have been taught this? That shows serious lack of faith in what you claim to believe in. Also there are quite a few other things that are predicted in the book of Revelations that have still yet to happen so again..Why would you freak out over this predicted day of doom if things you have been told must come to pass first have yet to happen. I mean I'm not going to sit and say that NOTHING will happen on this day but I seriously doubt the world is going to end. Maybe the world as we know it will change but not actually end. However I do leave this up for discussion and debate,I would love to see what other people have to say about this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment